Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Yes Vanessa I do work! :)

This post is specially dedicated to Vanessa because when I was in Costa Rica I posted about all the amazing things I was getting to do in and out of the country and she jokingly thought I was even going to class! haha

Well my work here is really exciting, I'm the coordinator for the brand new College Resource Center. The center opens in January so I'm doing all the set up now. I'm basically the liaison between Northern Arizona University and the Flagstaff Family YMCA as they are jointing in charge of this new project. So that means I split my time between the two places, and in the community where I make partnerships with organizations in the area. I'm currently working on setting up the advisory board that we will have up and running in the next 2-3 weeks, which is exciting. I also do a lot of marketing and PE before the center opens and then the website closer to openings. Once we open my role will change.

The center is basically a place where anyone in the community can come to get help with all aspects of the college application process. It's tailered at increasing first-generation, low-income and minority student access, acceptance and enrollment in higher education. I'm really excited about the project as this is definately an area that I'm really passionate about since it's an area I know first hand.

Hope you enjoy the blog and I'll try to update every week or so. Feel free to comment or shoot me an email I'd love to hear from you all!!

Coral :)

No comments: