Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Life in Flagstaff!

So those of you that have seen my facebook status in the last few weeks have some idea of the fun I'm already having in Flagstaff but for everyone else here's a short recap of my first month!

First week I was here I just moved in and got settled, but right away I found out what kind of dance scene Flagstaff had so I could keep myself entertained. Flagstaff has this incredible thing every summer that's called dancing on the square, it's in downtown and they teach a different style of dance for an hour and then its an open dance floor for 2 hours with different styles of music. I'm taken salsa and cha cha so far this month on Wednesdays.

My second week I went to Albuquerque for VISTA training. I meet some of the most interesting and incredible people and that really got be exciting and ready to start this adventure.

My third week I was back in Flagstaff and have been here since. I took Argentine Tango classes for the last two week and now attend the practicas with the other tango dancers in Flagstaff. The dance community here is absolutely amazing! I love them they are the nicest people and I see them at everything which is so cool. I even went to the World Dance Festival show two weeks ago. Last Friday night one of my roommates, Sarah was moving down to Phoenix for grad school so I took her out to salsa rueda, which is salsa done in a circle where you are constantly changing partners, it was the most hilarious and fun style of salsa I've ever done! :)

That's the rap up of my dance life in Flag, I love it and I'm having a blast!

Pictures to come, I'll take some in the next two weeks and post them.

No comments: