Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Rambling Man on Bus, Monkeys, Lizards, and Beaches

So as you can see it's been another busy week here in San Jose. About mid-week last week I was taking the bus home from downtown and at the next stop everyone got on and off and sat down, and then all of a sudden this man just decides to talk about his school in natural medicine and about different plants that heal, well I'm interested in that but everyone just completely ignored the guy, so imagine this man talked for a good 20 minutes and no one was listening, it was quiet sad but apparently they are used to it because nothing seemed to bother them. I was thinking to myself I'm in London and Paris again in the subway where no one speaks and when they do they look at you like you are nuts, apparently that is the way of life on public transportation in other countries.

This past weekend the group got to go to Manuel Antonio, which on the Pacific side and supposed to be one of the nicest beaches in Costa Rica. Well I've got to say I'm still in love with our beaches in Costa Rica but Manuel Antonio beach was nice, and it was nice to go to the Pacific which I had never been to. Manuel Antonio is really known for its national park more then its beaches so we started out early last Saturday and hiked through the park I got to see monkeys, lizards, sloths, frogs, spiders and a whole lot more extremely close and personal, forget the zoo you should just come hike the park ( and it's much much cheaper). I really enjoyed the park and the beaches but I would have to say the park was better in my opinion then the beach.

This weekend is a long weekend as it is Independence Weekend here in Costa Rica and I was originally planning on going to Panama but unfortunately I wasn't allowed to go, so hopefully near the end I will at least get to go down to the canal and a border city that is supposed to be stunning. Our plans changed way too many times to count in the last week so after everything was said and done I'm heading back to my mountain retreat in San Ramon and hopefully going paragliding again. I've heard about some interesting traditions about independence day so it should be interesting and I'm sure I'll have stories about that next week.

And as usual I am uploading pictures as we speak and you can you go check them out at

http://picasaweb.google.com/LuvLatinDance

Hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

Marranitos NO MORE said...

Men that sounds like soooo much fun!!
-Vanessa-