Friday, August 20, 2010

Stepping Stones: Watkins- Corporate Social Responsibility

Many of your that are keeping up with this blog and my updates know that I left my job in Flagstaff for medical reasons, and like most people around the country have been unable to find work in my new city.

Well I decided to take work into my own hands. I figured if I couldn't find work in my field right now, while I apply for graduate school, I decided I'd focus more on working from home to make ends meet till I could start graduate school full time. This is also really allowing me to spend the time I need to help get my health back under control while also working on my business and leadership skills, that I hope will help me in the future.

I've already written about why I choose to join my good friend Jen's Scentsy team, but I decided to join Watkins as well.

Watkins falls in wonderfully with my goals and dreams. Over the years I'm become even more socially and environmentally conscious. Especially with health problems, I've learned that its not just better for the environment and ethical business but also for my own health to use natural products. This is why I joined Watkins, I was introduced by a fellow AmeriCorps member a year ago, now not only am I now able to get the products I love at a great discount, but I also get to share this incredible socially and environmentally responsible company with others.

Please feel free to ask me any questions about the Watkins products and company, becoming a Watkins associate to get your own discount on everyday products you use, or ask me about the incredible business opportunity with Watkins.

I love getting to work for companies that understands my values and interests in corporate social responsibility, but also supports me in my growth as a person and a professional. You can contact me about Watkins anytime at My Watkins Email

So say hello to Watkins Independent Associate #390038! I'm exciting to be getting great discounts on products I love and I get to support and share the mission of this amazing company as well!

I will be writing another blog post about citizen philanthropy soon, as I think explaining this incredible new section of philanthropy will help everyone understand why I'm such a firm believer that even if you make $800 a month, which is where I was as an AmeriCorps member, you can still make a difference for people in your neighborhood and world. 

For those of you interested in citizen philanthropy here's a sneak preview.
 I'd hugely recommend Give a Little, by Wendy Smith and to check out Citizen Effect one of my favorite organizations and the one I currently work with. This organization has truly shown me how one individual with their social network can truly be a force for positive change in the world. To check out the latest update on my current CP project you can read the Citizen Effect blog at Coral's Citizen Philanthropist Project

Wishing everyone a great end to their week!

Coral :)

*Disclaimer: The statements made and opinions expressed on this page are those of an Independent Watkins Associate who is the publisher of this document, and are not to be construed as the statements or opinions of Watkins Incorporated. *

No comments: