Friday, September 08, 2006

Elon oh Elon!

Wow well I've been here 4 weeks already and I'm finally getting a chance to stop to write this. Well let's see me and dad did our famous 18 hour drive up here it was long as usual but very relaxing at the same time. Then let's see moving into my new dorm, which let me tell you is amazing!!! I'm so excited! Well so I moved in and over the next few days finished settling in. Then RA training started, I'm a resident assistant just in case you didn't catch that. And I LOVE IT!! Training was really long and difficult but sooooooooooooo much fun. I work with the best group of RAs on campus and I love them!!! And I have the most fun, crazy boss ever and we all love her. SO training was another 2 weeks and then it was time for freshmen move in. Freshmen move in day was nuts, but that's my life here and I love it. Then I'm also a SMART mentor this year, it's a mentoring program for incoming minority students, and training for that was Saturday. Then things have not really stopped but they've been great. My freshmen are amazing, me girls can always brighten up my day, and my boys love to give me a hard time but in a funny way not like constantly getting into trouble. My sophomores have definately found their own routine so they are always in and out like me but they are still wonderful because they never cause trouble either. SO let's see I'm taking 4 classes, 2 are fantastic and the others are interesting subjects but still have some work on the excitement level but that's ok. I'm in International Relations, Geography, World Religions, and Cultural Anthropology. So that's been keeping me busy as well as the RA stuff, Periclean Scholars, SMART, and the rest of my life. This weekend we're having a movie night, out dancing tomorrow, a football game because my football players would kill me if I didn't go, and then I'm cooking dinner for all of my residents on Sunday sooo I will definately be taking tons of pics this weekend and then I'll post them..

Hope everyone is doing well.

Me :)

No comments: